Landing pages that Convert
The basis for a world class conversion rate is answering the four questions visitors have when they come to your website:
Question 1 – Am I in the right place?
Question 2 – Do you have what I need?
Question 3 – Can I trust you?
Question 4 – How do I get to closure?
Answer these four questions effectively and you have a new client, a conversion. But if you fail any of them your competitors get a new customer.
The four questions are described in more detail in our blog that you find here .
Rank your landing pages here
= learn what to optimize
Conversion at the speed of light
Studies show that:
- The brain forms a first impression whether to trust a site or not during the first 50 milliseconds (that’s a tenth of half a second!)
- The visitor has decided whether to trust a site within 0.5-2 seconds
- The average visitor gives a site 4 seconds to decide whether to stay or click away.
Therefore one must be very clear about what they offer and how to resolve customer requests or problems.
Start with a clear title, slogan or “tagline” that simply sums up what you offer. Place the top of the page so that it is among the first things the visitor sees. Use a large font with good contrast against a simple background.
Making an efficient layout for landing pages
There are a number of excellent articles and tools to find a good disposition on landing pages.
We usually recommend:
- The Nieahaus Wireframe Model (Closed Loop Marketing)
- The Anatomy of a Perfect Landing Page (KissMetrics)
If you have a landing page containing a form and want to test different options for content and layout, we suggest that you start with the following:
- Test the copy of the headline above the form
- Test finished buttons
- Test Button vs. embedded shape directly on the page
- Test the number of fields in the form
Read more about content of great landing pages.